When the Jeep® team began work on the 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Cherokee Engineering Manager Rich Silbert said they “really touched everything and tried to think of everything.”
Silbert provided that assessment as he recently took to the road in a new Cherokee Overland to highlight some of the new features and amenities in the most capable midsize SUV available.
Some of the new features available on the Jeep Cherokee include:
- A 2.0-liter turbo engine with 400 N•m (295 ft-lb) of torque with 270 hp
- The front and rear of the vehicle have been “rethought”
- The license plate was moved up to the liftgate
- The hands-free liftgate is operated by making a kicking motion under the bumper to open
- Park assist and unpark assist
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Five USB ports
“I think this one fits more into the Jeep stable,” Silbert said.
Learn more about the new Cherokee by visiting Jeep.com.