2023 Grand Wagoneer Receives Best Interior and Best New Feature
- The no-compromise benchmark for full-size pick-up trucks, the Ram 1500, earns top honor as Truck of Texas, Full-size Pickup Truck of Texas category for a fifth consecutive year and Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas category for the seventh consecutive year
- New 2023 Ram Heavy Duty Rebel earns the title of Heavy Duty Pickup Truck of Texas and extends Ram’s dominance in the Heavy Duty category for a sixth consecutive year
- Wagoneer, the premium extension of the Jeep® brand, receives Best Interior (2023 Grand Wagoneer) and Best New Feature for the Hurricane Twin Turbo engine (2023 Grand Wagoneer and 2023 Wagoneer)
November 2, 2022 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The Ram 1500 lassoed top honors as the Truck of Texas at the annual Texas Truck Rodeo, hosted by the Texas Automotive Writers Association (TAWA). Ram Truck secured six awards at the event, including several consecutive honors. Members also gave accolades to Wagoneer, the premium extension of the Jeep® brand, for Best Interior and for Best New Feature with the Hurricane Twin Turbo engine. After two days of challenging on- and off-road driving, TAWA members voted for the best performing vehicles and Stellantis brands secured eight of 19 possible awards.
In addition to the coveted Truck of Texas title, Ram dominated the competition, winning Full-size Pickup Truck of Texas for a fifth consecutive year; Heavy Duty Pickup of Truck of Texas for a sixth consecutive year and Luxury category for a seventh consecutive year. Ram 1500 also picked up awards for Best Performance and Highest Personal Appeal.
“TAWA writers/jurors were able to drive both the Ram 1500 Limited and the high-performance TRX and both impressed on and off road,” said Teia Collier, president of TAWA. “Ram Limited performed seamlessly and is both stunning and comfortable inside, while the TRX is pure fun and performance. The combination the Ram 1500 lineup offers impressed our jurors and makes it the Truck of Texas.”
Overall, Stellantis brands took home an impressive number of awards, including:
- Truck of Texas: 2022 Ram 1500
- Full-Size Pickup Truck: 2022 Ram 1500
- Luxury Pickup Truck: 2022 Ram 1500 Limited
- Heavy Duty Pickup Truck of Texas: 2023 Ram Heavy Duty Rebel
- Best Performance: Ram 1500
- Highest Personal Appeal: 2022 Ram 1500
- Best Interior: 2023 Grand Wagoneer
- Highest Personal Appeal: 2022 Ram 1500
- Best New Feature: Hurricane Twin Turbo, 2023 Grand Wagoneer and 2023 Wagoneer
This year’s Rodeo was held at Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur, Texas, featuring both on-road and technical off-road driving opportunities. TAWA members cast their votes after two days of vehicle evaluations. Consideration is given to everything from exterior/interior styling and off-road capability to the entrant’s overall utility, value and performance.
The Texas Auto Writers Association, Inc. was founded in 1987 by automotive journalists who wanted to provide an avenue of professional growth, development, and networking. These professionals sought to create an automotive event that was unique to Texas and the result was the TAWA Truck Rodeo; since 1993, Truck Rodeos have been held all over the state of Texas. In 2003, TAWA created an event for sedans, sports cars, and other vehicles not eligible for the Truck Rodeo, now called the Texas Auto Roundup. For more information, visit www.texasautowriters.org.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab and ProMaster, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmark:
- 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 37,090 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- The most cargo space available in any traditional full size cargo van
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced pickup truck in the world
- Most awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
The latest J.D. Power APEAL study, which rates the emotional bond between customers and their vehicles, named the 2022 Ram 1500 as the best vehicle in the large light-duty pickup category. This marks the third straight year Ram 1500 has received top honors.
The Ram 1500 lineup includes the Know & Go mobile app featuring an immersive experience for customers who want to learn more about their vehicles. Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com.
Follow Ram and company news and video on:
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com
Wagoneer returns as a premium extension of the Jeep brand while continuing its legacy as the original premium SUV. Building on a rich heritage of premium American craftsmanship while offering a new level of comfort, legendary 4×4 capability and customer service, Wagoneer forges a new path – one that defines the new standard of sophistication, authenticity and modern mobility. Offering a unique and premium customer service experience, Wagoneer delivers warm, capable, innovative and authentic vehicles with premium design cues and technology to a new, distinctive and successful array of customers. Combining these attributes with strong SUV credentials, the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer build on the original premium SUV by defining the next generation of an American icon. Stellantis offers a portfolio of brands and is a leading global automaker and mobility provider.
Follow Wagoneer and company news and video on:
Consumer website: www.wagoneer.com
Stellantis North America
Stellantis (NYSE: STLA) is one of the world’s leading automakers and a mobility provider. In North America, it’s best known for producing and selling vehicles in a portfolio of iconic and award-winning brands such as Jeep®, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Alfa Romeo and Fiat. Powered by its diversity, Stellantis leads the way the region and the world move – aspiring to become the greatest sustainable mobility tech company, not the biggest, while creating added value for all stakeholders as well as the communities in which it operates. For more information, visit www.stellantis.com.
Follow company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Company website: www.stellantis.com